Musical Fidelity has extensive experience making super headphone amps, the LX2-HPA builds on our decades of experience to deliver a great performer with beautiful, restrained and tasteful aesthetics.
A headphone amplifier is like a small power amp, relative to the load (the headphones) the technical requirements are similar: Excellent load tolerance, high stability margins, low distortion, wide bandwidth, low noise, excellent channel separation.
- The LX2-HPA will easily drive any commercially produced headphone. It’s high current delivery and excellent stability margins result in completely uncoloured neutral performance.
- Distortion at less than 0.0035%, wide band is vanishingly low and certainly inaudible.
- Bandwidth extends to about 80kHz and even at 40kHz the distortion remains well below 0.05%. A remarkable achievement.
- The outstanding noise ratio of better than 112dB means that the music comes from a true ‚black velvet‘ background field.
- Stereo separation is excellent and assures a rock solid imaging experience. Talk about ‚adventures in inner space!
The LX2-HPA gives a sensual monitor level listening experience. Completely uncoloured sound delivered with virtually limitless dynamic range from a black velvet background, and perfectly placed spatial imagery.
Input Impedance: 47KO
Input Sensitivity: 3.0mV
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.01%
Signal / Noise Ratio: >80dB
Power Requirement: 12 – 24V 100mA Regulated
RCA Input: 1pr RCA sockets
RCA Output: 1pr RCA sockets
Headphone Output (6.3mm): 1 stereo jack socket (6.3mm)
Headphone Output (3.5mm): 1 stereo jack socket (3.5mm)
Power Input: DC Jack (1.3mm inner pin, outer diam. 3.5mm
Length (including terminals) 197mm
Height (including feet) 46.5 mm
Unit alone: 1.05Kg
Unit with packing: 1.50Kg
- Included accessories
Power Supply: 12V 500mA